Pages

Followers

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Shiver me Whiskers

I must have done something seriously bad for karma to be sending me to such dangerous territory. The effects of the blizzard include no electricity in many of the 20 american states affected, closed roads and airports. In other words there will be sub zero temperatures to deal with - without heaters - and limited access to food. Oh dear , what chill we will feel being so close to the banks of Lake Erie!!!The pictures that I have seen so far from Missouri and Chicago are making me shiver here in the humid office in Germiston. (perhaps the Aircon is assisting a bit)

But I also wonder about the programme i'm meant to be attending. If schools and businesses are closed and people are "hermitising" will it really be worth their while for the comapny to send us?

I'm so over being excited to play in snow. This snowfall looks scary and all weather service warnings seem to be telling me is to stay in sunny SA and  shy away from the cold.

Well I guess i'll go and soak up as much vitamin D in the mean time. I need all the happiness food i can manage.

No comments: