Pages

Followers

Friday, July 01, 2011

Travelling in the USA: Part 1

written in March or April...I'm not sure
its now hurtling toward the end of my stay in the USA and what an experience it has been .

Today I'm off to the Amish region , elk spotting and cheesecake factory visiting in Pittsburgh. This after fun yet exhausting group work session that ended at the early hours of the morning.

So after 4 hours of sleep I'm up again , and swapping my bookish hat for a more welcome yet equally stressful travel hat . The unexpectedness of what lay ahead of us in the paces visit , the reaction of people to me , to us, the unfamiliarity all add an extra heartbeat to my natural pulse.

we're driving through the country now and for miles and miles the roads are lined with barren trees trying to dare a smile while reaching up from the snow relieved grounds.

here a little town. i wonder how many people live here . I guess we're on the main street in Mercer. Subway to my left and a bit further down , MacDees. A little way from the Subway theres a jail house and a City hall. This is what country movies are made of.

okay so we have reached the little Amish town called Wilmington. A few buggies have passed( nothing too exciting!)

No comments: