Pages

Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Which way forward

So , maybe I'm not very successful as an engineer.Well not so far anyway ;thats if success is measured by anything but passion and zest for what you do.


I admit that right now its been measured on a scale tipped to one side large amounts of unnecesary stress while understanding takes a leap in the opposite direction.


Luckily, for me,success is measured by your failures & what you learn from them.I learnt the first time that it takes a hell of a lot of courage to repeat a course, especially if you never felt like really studying it.


I also learnt that its never the BIG schlepp we make it out to be.The nasty monsters that your lecturers once were and the eyelid weights that the words from those notes and text books once were , actually become fun and interesting when you put your mind to it!Mind blocks!We create them, they destroy us.


Nelson Mandela once said,"Its not failing that we are afraid of , ..., it's succeeding!"



With success though , comes smaller doorways(or rather heads to far swollen to be saved) -more often than ever.Postponing success allows one to reflect and to be humble.Take it from me , it takes guts to tell someone that you failed.You get to learn the lines , you get to expect a certain expression & you always know someone is feeling sorry for you;unless they jumped for joy at your revelation or laughed in your face and passed a R100 note to the person next to them;which is far more nasty.


I believe i've had a great year .I learnt a lot.Probably more than i bargained for and I got to test out my skill.I might not be a star in the eyes of the acedamics but ces't la vie I'v surely not fallen flat on my face .I'll learn more in this coming year & i'll enjoy it just as much as the previous years.Its all green from here !I'm on my way again.


Watch this space ...


bye bye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I have been watching this space for a while now. :) When is the next posting? Can you quit the counter at Akalwayas for a while and give us some profound stuffs?

You know who...:)

Don Felix de la Vega

Anonymous said...

Many have stood by as the world passes them by. Many have spoken about change, Many more have critized.

Only a few have stood up to be counted and done something. Naeema I am truly in awe. This is great and I am very impressed.

WELL DONE PROBLEM SOLVER!

now go out and get more ladies in Engineering :-)

MoeS (Elect Eng)

Naeema said...

Yeah felix , kip "watchin dis space".I'm outa Akhalwaya's 4 a bit now , so it will be updated at least every 2 weeks.

thanx moe

Glad you like it .Check out the next post, it might seem very familiar to you!